I actually really like these awards. For one, being noticed and nominated for something like this gives you a wonderful feeling inside, and for two, I just think the answers to the questions are fun to read and fill out! Plus, you get to find more blogs to follow, and who doesn’t like that?
I was nominated by a completely wonderful and sweet person named Nicky from The Shimmer Within Her. If you have not checked out her blog already, I would definitely encourage you to do so. It’s all about trying to bring a little light into our lives and this world, and we could definitely all use more of that! So, thank you very much for the nomination!!
Things to do when nominated!:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the award somewhere on your blog, or at least on your post.
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs of your choosing with less than 1000 followers.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees to answer.
Now for the Questions:
What inspired you to start a blog?
My boyfriend (although I guess he’s more a “who” than a “what”). We were talking about dreams we had when we were little to now, and I told him that I had always wanted to help people going through the same things I had gone through. It’s my passion. He gave me the courage to do it.
Do you have a routine when constructing blog posts? ie draft, edit, add photos etc – or are you more of a ‘fly by the seat of your pants’ kinda gal?
Usually, something will happen in my life, and I’ll be like, “hey! I need to write about that!” Then I do. After that, I find a picture that I think goes along with it (one of my favorite parts), add a few tags, and post it! I actually don’t proofread….. One thing that drives my boyfriend crazy.
What’s the one thing that you have to do every single day, without fail?
Drink coffee. Love coffee. Actually doing it right now.
What’s the kindest thing you have ever done for someone or that someone has done for you?
I feel like I’m unintentionally talking about my boyfriend a lot but….I’ve never had someone who will absolutely drop everything to help me with whatever I need like he does. I’m not going to go into too much detail on this one because it’s incredibly personal, but I actually had a really bad health scare not too long ago, and even though he definitely could have left me for it, he chose to love me through it. I have no doubt in my mind that if it had turned out to be what we were afraid it was, he would have dropped everything to come marry me.
What things do you do when you’re feeling uninspired, struggling for ideas or overcoming writers block?
Walk down to the lake near my house, sit on the front porch rocking chair and drink my coffee, and think about what I would have wanted to read when I was having a hard time.
Name one thing that you are known for – answers must be nice things only!
Haha I love how you put nice things only. This is really weird, but among my friends, sloths. In high school, I found all these hilarious pictures of sloths, and now my friends associate them with me. Every birthday I get a sloth card. I recently made a sloth at Build a Bear under my friends’ insistence….and because I really wanted to haha.
What’s the most important quality you believe a friend should have?
Hmm….I’d have to say trustworthiness (is that a word? I have no idea…). There’s nothing worse than telling your friend something very personal and suddenly having everyone know about it.
Name 3 things you are grateful for right now.
- My boyfriend
- My family
- This nomination (heh, brownie points)
What’s your mission statement or mantra that you live by?
The Desiderata. Freshman year of college one of the most amazing professors on Earth introduced our class to it, and I think it’s really great.
What misconceptions do you think people who don’t blog, have about bloggers?
Name your superpower and tell me what color would your cape be?
Like that we want to have? Definitely invisibility. I thought about reading minds, but I’m not sure I would want to know everything people are thinking. Teal is my favorite color, so a teal cape
Random Facts about Myself:
- I’m an only child.
- I’m obsessed with Disney.
- I was super excited when Frozen came out because they had freckles like me.
- I collect coffee cups.
- My favorite candy bar is 3 Musketeers.
- I’m secretly obsessed with the Sims and Nancy Drew games.
- I’m quite terrifying in the morning until I’ve had my coffee. One family vacation, I was so cranky that morning that when we got back my aunt bought me a coffee cup that said “I drink coffee for your protection.”
- I’m taking a lot longer than I probably should thinking up good random facts about myself haha.
- I did gymnastics for 11 years, Colorguard for 4, and rowing for a semester.
- I used to play the Trumpet.
- My boyfriend and I thought about making a YouTube channel and calling it milk chocolate lol.
If you have already done this, don’t want to do it, or only want to do part of it, that’s completely fine!
- Kristy from Palatable Adventures
- Shannon from GrievingD
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Yours Truly KK
- Anyone else who would like to do it! Just tell me if you’re doing it, so I can read it, and put a link to your site here!
My Questions for You Guys!:
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What’s your favorite song?
- Where’s your favorite place to visit and why?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favorite thing to write about and why?
- What do you not like to write about and why?
- What things do you do when you’re feeling uninspired, struggling for ideas or overcoming writers block?
- Name one thing, other than being a blogger, that you’ve always wanted to be.
- What character (from a movie, book, tv show, etc.) do you most identify with and why?
- If you could give one piece of advice to your high school self (or middle school self if you’re in high school), what would it be?
- Who’s your favorite author?
Thanks again for nominating me!