So, this is something I want to do every month where I just list out the things I’ve learned throughout the month (some of them are funny, and some of them a bit more serious). I also wanted to list a few things I’ve really been enjoying this month that I think you guys would like as well! Basically, I just want it to be a quick reflection over the past month, and what’s included will probably be different every month. We’ll see how it goes. 🙂
Things I Like/Think You Should Try
- Duolingo . My boyfriend actually introduced me to this site when I said that I wished I had more time in my college career to learn a second language. I knew a little bit of French from my two semesters of it in high school and one semester in college, but I was nowhere near fluent like I wanted to be. I immediately checked it out, and I love it. It’s really simple to use, gives you a wide variety of languages to choose from, it doesn’t cost anything, and best of all, you can do it on your own time. According to my little owl on the side of the screen I am now 20% fluent in french. I know. I’ve still got a long way to go, but it’s a start.
- Our Q&A a Day I actually found this on Amazon while looking for a birthday present for my boyfriend. I love writing in journals, and I’m always looking for different things to do with him, so I decided to get it. Basically, you find the right date, and there’s a thought provoking question at the top of each page with space for both you and your significant other to answer. Under that, there’s space for the both of you to fill your answers out again the next year and the year after that. Then you can look back at your answers and see how they’ve changed from year to year. My boyfriend and I have both really had fun with it. If you want to go a little longer, there’s also a five year one, and if you prefer not to do it with a boyfriend/girlfriend there’s a similar one for moms, kids, and just one for yourself! I feel like any of them would make really great gifts for any occasion, especially birthdays and anniversaries.
- Sivaji. My boyfriend actually made me watch this movie since I had never seen a Tamil movie before. I can honestly say it was an interesting experience haha. Apparently like other Tamil movies, it was three hours long (much longer than other movies I’m used to watching), and they broke out into singing and dancing quite often. I definitely wish that I could dance like those girls in the movie were….Anyway, the main character was played by a man named Rajinkanth who I’ve been told it quite the celebrity where my boyfriend grew up. Seriously, people go absoluty nuts over this guy. Like One Direction nuts. If you don’t believe me, watch this video and keep in mind that his is just a trailer for one of his movies….which they had to show twice to appease people. Overall, though, I actually really enjoyed the movie. It was lighthearted and fun to watch, and it was nice to learn about another culture while watching it.
Random Things I Learned This Month
- Dishwashing Liquid is very different from Dishwasher detergent, and should not be used in place of Dishwasher detergent unless you’d like to spend a good chunk of your time cleaning up a very wet and soapy floor….
- Always leave a pair of running shorts in your car in case you happen to spill coffee on your crotch right before class starts.
- Also, it’s okay to skip class if you’ve spilled coffee on your pants. In fact, it’s much better than the alternative.
- When green lizards pop out that red thing under their neck, they’re trying to mark out their territory.
- Don’t ever take Organic Chemistry, Biology, and Medical Terminology together in the summer….