I know I say this every month, but how is it September already?? This year has absolutely flown by. On the plus side, it’s September (!) which is quite possible my favorite month out of the year because it ushers in Fall which happens to be my all time favorite season! Anyway, I’m rambling on about the wrong month.
August has been pretty much all about family for me. Summer classes ended, and I only had a week before fall semester started up again. Because of that, I tried (and am trying) to spend a lot of time with my family on the weekends. I also was officially diagnosed with migraines this month, which may seem like a bad thing, but because of that I was able to get medicine that really helps them which has been great. My dad also turned 50 this month which is really exciting, but also a little scary because I really don’t like to think about my grandparents and parents (or myself for that matter) getting older. So, yeah, overall it’s been a pretty good month, and I really hope that y’all had an equally good month!
Things I Like/Think You Should Try
- Invincible Summer. I know I already wrote an entire post on this, but I really just can’t say enough about it. It was one of the best books I’ve read in quite a long time. I read it at a time when I was really pretty terrified about being an adult and graduating college (that’s scary stuff!), and the book definitely helped to put me at ease by reminding me that even if nothing goes to plan, you can still find the strength to go on and keep living and even find beauty and purpose in the little things. I really don’t think you’ll regret reading it.
- Tarte, Tarteist Eyeliner. I have been looking for a good eyeliner for quite a while now, so I finally decided to suck it up and try an eyeliner that I didn’t find at Walmart. It ended up coming down to this one and Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, but Tarte ended up getting better reviews on Sephora. I’m so incredibly glad I did. I love it. For one, it has both a pencil and a liquid side, so you’re getting two for one. They’re both very pigmented, and at the end of the day, it still looks like you just put it on. Plus, I just really love the packaging. It reminds me of New Years.
- Beauty Blender. I know I’m incredibly late on this one, so I won’t say much about it. Just go out and buy one. Definitely worth it.
- AllBookstores.com I thought this one was appropriate for the beginning of the new semester. A friend of mine told me about this website for renting textbooks about a year ago, and I’ve been using it ever since. Basically, you just type in the book information, and it compares the prices for that same book from lots of different bookstores. It also tells you whether the price is for renting or buying the book, so you can narrow it down that way. This semester alone it’s saved me over $200, so it’s definitely something to look into.
- Rate My Professor. Also for the start of the new semester. This website has changed my life when it comes to signing up for classes. Just type in a professor’s name, check that it’s the right school, and a rating with reviews from past students comes up. It’s really nice to get a general idea of what you’re getting into.
Random Things I Learned This Month
- Veins carry blood to the heart and arteries carry blood away from the heart.
- The smallest bird is the bumblebee hummingbird (It’s also incredibly cute).
- The Kiwi Bird can’t fly (also adorable).
- You tend to do better in classes when you actually pay attention to the professor.
- A snail breathes through its foot.