This month has been one of the craziest and rewarding months of the year, I believe. It started out absolutely horribly with losing a group of friends that I had known since elementary school. Some of them also happened to be the people I was living with, so I was somewhat forced to move back home and find a new apartment to live in with someone I do not know. Definitely thought that I was done with the whole living-with-someone-you-don’t-know thing Freshman year, but sometimes things just do not work out the way you planned them.
Because of all that, however, I have been able to form really great relationships with my family who has been absolutely amazing through all of this. I really can’t thank them enough for supporting me through all of this. On top of that, I got back to my blog which I am incredibly happy about. Shout out to you guys for really giving me some encouragement through a really hard time. It may not seem like it, but every view, like, comment, or follow makes me feel so very happy and encouraged. It really does mean a lot!
Things I Like/Think You Should Try
1. Christmas decorations! After Thanksgiving (notice the after part….) I broke out all the Christmas decorations I have for my room. There’s not a whole lot of them, but there’s really something about sitting on my room with a lit Christmas tree beside me that never fails to lighten my mood. I just love Christmas! 🙂
2. Pentatonix’s (that sound weird, but I think it still needs the apostrophe s….) Christmas CD. In particular, I really like their versions of “Mary Did You Know” and “Hallelujah”. They’re really just beyond beautiful, and if you haven’t heard them, you really need to. I really wish I could sing like them….*sigh*
3. Spiced Apple Toddy candle from Bath and Body Works. I actually got this candle a few weeks before Black Friday, so if you’ve read that post, this one will not be on there. This was my first ever Bath and Body Works candle, and I have been burning almost every night since I got it. I absolutely love that it smells like apples and cinnamon since that’s my absolute favorite scent combination (does that make any sense?). It literally smells exactly like apple cider which makes me really happy because I love drinking hot apple cider during the winter months, especially when I’m starting to get a cold or some other nasty bug. My mom also has the gingerbread smelling one (not sure of the exact name at the moment) down in our living room, and although I really didn’t think I would like it, I actually love it where it’s at. It’s definitely not as strong as the Spiced Apple Toddy one. It’s just like a hint of gingerbread every now and then which gets me all excited for Christmas! Plus, like all Bath and Body Works products, the packaging is beautiful.
4. Beating my boyfriend at games. Seriously, I have the high score on literally all the online games we’ve played together, and it is quite entertaining to watch him try his best to beat me. Yes, we’re both more than a little competitive. 🙂
5. Too Faced, Born This Way foundation. I’ve heard so much about this, and then when my friend bought it and let me try it, I knew I had to get my hands on it. I’ve tried a lot of foundations because I really like medium to full coverage, but I don’t like to feel the foundation on my face. This foundation does a really great job of covering up my imperfections, especially the really red spots near my nose, that I almost feel like I don’t even need to wear concealer. On top of that, it really does look perfectly natural and it doesn’t feel thick on your skin at all. It’s definitely the best foundation I’ve found so far.
Random Things I Learned This Month
- Sometimes it’s best to cut people out of your life, especially if those people are damaging in any way to you. It’s not mean; it’s just necessary.
- The bird called Turkey in America is also called an India in Turkey and a Peru in Portuguese.
- Winter months can cause you to become depressed. There’s actually a specific name for it, Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Apathy is sometimes a precursor to depression.
- The platypus used to be a myth. Sadly, no one believed in the duck puppy. 😦